Skip to main content

Data from Emerging Resources: CO2

Data from emerging resources, CO2 from chapter 7.3 in the 2023 Billion-Ton Report. Please access the data through the BT23 Data Portal or directly at and

Please cite as:
Coleman, A., K. Davis, J. DeAngelo, T. Saltiel, B. Saenz, L. Miller, K. Champion, E. Harrison, and A. Otwel. 2024, Data from Emerging Resources: CO2 of Chapter 7.3 in the 2023 Billion-Ton Report. Version 0.0.1, Bioenergy Knowledge Discovery Framework (KDF) Data Center,

Stationary sources of CO2 arise from a wide range of industrial and commercial activities, and their characteristics can vary between facilities in terms of CO2 purity, the type and percentage of any trace contaminants, and the temperature and pressure of emissions (EPA 2022a). Based on EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program (GHGRP) data, it is estimated that 2,724 million tons of CO2 were emitted by stationary sources in 2022 (EPA 2022b). About 95% (2,584 million tons) comes from non-biogenic sources, and the remaining 5% (141 million tons) is from biogenic sources. This dataset provides High Purity data and Total Supply through the Download Tool

Andre Coleman , K. Davis , J. DeAngelo , T. Saltiel , B. Saenz , L. Miller , K. Champion , E. Harrison , A. Otwel
Bioenergy Category
Publication Date
isPartOf parent DOI
Project Title
Usage Policy
CC0-1.0 license